UREC (University Recreation) is active all year long with lots of local non-profit agencies, including working with families and individuals from First Step, Mercy House and Crossroads to Brain Injury Recovery. And the holidays are no exception. This year, like years past, UREC is helping JMU’s students, faculty and staff fulfill the Christmas wishes of those in need. Here are a couple of ways to give back this Holiday season through UREC.
- Take a Wish from the UREC Holiday Tree:
- Take a visit to UREC lobby where a Winter Wish Tree will be decorated with wishes starting Nov. 10, 2014. Pick a wish from the tree, purchase the gift and return it unwrapped to UREC with the wish tag on the present. Gifts are due Dec. 10, 2014 at Noon!
- Attend the Annual UREC Wrapping Party
- People are donating gifts, so now UREC needs help wrapping them up! The wrapping party will take place Wednesday, Dec. 10, 1-4 p.m. in the UREC MAC Gym.
- Donate Wrapping Supplies:
- Gift wrap runs out quickly when you’re wrapping lots of presents. So if you are able to donate resources like wrapping paper, tape or ribbons, please do so. You can dropp the supplys to the UREC main office or under the Holiday Tree at UREC
UREC’s mission includes connecting community organizations to students, faculty and staff, so let’s fulfil someone’s wish this winter season!
For more information visit: http://www.jmu.edu/recreation/about/warm-a-winter-wish.shtml