Want to learn Photoshop but don’t have the resources to do so? Or maybe you are more into music and want to create your own beats with GarageBand? Either way, MADLab can help you do both and more!
MADLab offers FREE, FUN one to two hour workshops created and taught by other JMU students. They teach how to use different software programs for creating videos or podcasts, and how to use video and photography equipment.
MADLab topics this semester include:
- Garage Band
- How to create infographics and posters
I had the pleasure of sitting down with Deborah Pugh, director of MADLab, who walked me through the process:
- Each student gets their own Mac laptop to work from with all the applications they would need.
- The sessions last about one hour to 75 minutes.
- Students learn from student peers who are very skilled in the application they are demoing.
- Every session is very hands on, not lecture based.
- Every session is FREE!!!!!!
Sounds like a pretty good deal and they also have advanced classes for the people who know the programs but would like to know more.
You can sign up for a spot here: https://www.lib.jmu.edu/media/madlab/register.aspx
The next session is on Feb. 3, and students will learn how to edit videos with iMovie.
All sessions are located in the basement of Carrier Library, room 37.
Take advantage of this opportunity anytime you can and I promise you it is worth every penny you didn’t have to spend.