I know Spring is right around the corner and as we get ready for our trips and relaxation, let’s take a minute to recap the accomplishments of our winter sports teams!
The combined record of JMU sports this year is pretty impressive. Here are just a few stats to look at…
109 WINS 49 loses and 6 ties!!
Women’s Basketball was named CAA Champs!
Volleyball and Field Hockey both won regular season titles.
Swimming and Diving got 7-0 in dual meet record.
Ron Curry (Men’s Basketball)
– Was a role player in his first years
– Now one of the best players in the conference and one of the best mid-players in the country!
Dimitrije Cabarkapa (Men’s Basketball)
– Considered the “Big Man on Campus” because he knows almost everyone!
– Graduated in only three years while being a student athlete. Very rare but you can do anything if you put your mind to it!
– Now on his way to completing a graduate degree
Jazmon Gwathmey (Women’s Basketball)
– Spent the last three years as a role player
– Now leads the CAA in scoring and ranks among national scoring leaders!
It is really incredible how much talent we have at JMU… not just in academics but in sports as well! Congrats to all our student athletes. You all are an inspiration!
If you want to learn more about JMU Sports or are interested in attending games check out the following sites!
Facebook: JMU Sports