Not only have there been changes with the equipment, facilities, and food at ‘newREC,’ new group exercise classes have been added! Here are 5 unique classes you should take at UREC.
1. SUP Fitness
I’m sure you noticed the hype this summer surrounding stand-up paddle boarding. Well UREC has adopted this trend through a paddle board fitness class. The class provides each participant with a paddle board and resistance bands to make for an intense yet fun workout. And when you’re done, you can jump off your board into the pool to cool off!
- Offered Mondays and Wednesdays 6:00 – 6:45 pm
This fun and upbeat ballet-inspired class focuses on postural and core strength. Don’t worry, no ballet experience is needed! Stand up straight and get ready for some core conditioning.
- Offered Mondays 8:00 – 8:50am
- Offered Tuesdays 12:00 – 1:00pm and 6:45 – 7:30pm
- Offered Wednesdays 3:15 – 4:15pm
- Offered Thursdays 5:15 – 6:15pm
Most universities use traditional bikes, but only a handful of schools have the unique RealRyder bikes that JMU classes offer. RealRyder focuses on getting a full core workout, where your bike moves side to side instead of a typical stationary workout.
- Offered Mondays 1:30 – 2:30pm
- Offered Thursdays 12:00 – 1:00pm
4. Cardi Yoga
This fusion class combines power yoga, vinyasa flow, and yoga sculpt. Some days you might use weights, other days you might not. Get ready for fast-paced yoga sculpting and cardio bursts at the peak of the class. All levels are welcome!
- Offered Mondays 4:15 – 5:15pm
- Offered Wednesdays 5:45 – 6:45pm
Cardio Dance Party is a unique take on a traditional hip hop class. Instead of going through 14 different routines, these classes teach the participants one full dance routine within a one hour class. Get ready for a fun playlist and high energy workout!
- Offered Mondays 12:45 – 1:45pm and 3:45 – 4:45pm
- Offered Tuesdays 8:00 -8:50pm
- Offered Wednesdays 1:45 – 2:45pm and 6:45 – 7:45pm
- Offered Sundays 6:45 – 7:45pm
Just a reminder – UREC group exercise classes are open to all JMU faculty, staff, and students! Sign up for classes and check the UREC schedule by clicking here.
Follow JMU UREC on Facebook