After a stressful finals week, you deserve to treat yourself this winter break! Whether you’re looking to relax, get outdoors, or spend time with friends and family, this bucket list covers it all.
1. Winter movie marathon! Snuggle up with a cozy blanket and get some quality couch time. Here are a few personal movie suggestions:
- Annabelle’s Wish
- The Snowman (short film)
- Miracle on 34th Street
3. Start a new Netflix or HBO series. Here’s a few shows everyone seems to be talking about:
- This Is Us
- Stranger Things
4. Send thank you notes to professors.
In the words of fellow Daily Duke member Pat, “all professors are potential future mentors.” Show your professors you appreciate them and all their help from this past semester!
5. Take up a hobby – such as knitting! This goes perfectly with your Netflix binge. Knitting can be a great stress reliever and can make for great gifts 🙂
6. Go to the gym! You can’t watch Netflix at all hours of the day. Get ahead of those New Years resolution goers and get your workout on.
7. Outdoors activities. Nothing beats some good old fashioned fresh air! If you’re looking to get outside this break a few activities could include: hiking, ice fishing, or cross country skiing.
8. Board games! Who doesn’t love a good competitive board game with family and friends? Keep in mind they’re just for fun! Here are a few game ideas:
- Cards Against Humanity
- Rummy Cube
- Last Word
- Boggle (will help keep your mind active while on break)
- Watch Your Mouth (created by our very own JMU alums!)
9. Remember those check up and dentist appointments! Have you gotten your flu shot?
10. Catch up with old friends. Reach out to your friends you haven’t seen in a while and make coffee or lunch plans 🙂