As the endless hours of cramming commence this semester and the first set of exams start to creep up, Spotify becomes every student’s favorite study partner. However, you may open Spotify on your phone or laptop and stare at the screen aimlessly, wondering what playlist will induce a successful study session.
The Daily Duke has compiled a list of top Spotify playlists that will be sure to boost both your mood and brainpower during your next study session:
- Productive Morning- A personal favorite, Productive Morning provides a plethora of mellow tunes in order to start your day in a productive manner. This playlist has 66 songs, totaling 5 hours and 15 minutes of music. Best for: early morning study sessions.
- Superior Study Playlist- If you are more into instrumentals when you study, this playlist offers soundtracks from movies such as Harry Potter. This playlist offers 60 hours worth of music for your enjoyment with 856 songs. Best for: pulling those dreaded all-nighters.
- Chill Country Study- If you’re into country music, this playlist by Spotify user “Caitryan123″ is a good option for your study session. This playlist is around 8 hours long and offers relaxing country hits by artists such as Old Dominion, Luke Combs, and Eric Church. Best for: quick review sessions.
- Acoustic Coffeehouse- Acoustic Coffeehouse is a playlist created by “NettwerkMusic” and has soft background music that isn’t overbearing while studying. I personally like this playlist because I’m not familiar with the songs so I don’t find myself becoming distracted by singing along. This playlist has 8 hours worth of music, 141 songs. Best for: listening while reading.
- Good Vibes- This Spotify playlist is so upbeat that it has the potential to drown out any bad mood that may come along while studying for that difficult test or quiz. I like this playlist because it has 4 hours of familiar hits, as well as new up-beat jams. Best for: reviewing flashcards on Quizlet.
- Yellow-Brick Cinema- Nervous for your fast-approaching test or quiz? Yellow-Brick Cinema is a soothing playlist that will relax your mind before a big exam. This playlist created by “SoHopy” has 135 songs with around 10 hours worth of calming tunes. Best for: relaxing before an exam, clearing your mind.
Dukes, what’s your go-to study playlist on Spotify? Comment below!